1. I like to use a small mason’s trowel when mixing soil block medium with water.
2. If making both 2″ blocks and 3/4″ blocks in the same session, start with the 2″ blocks first. They work best with a bit drier mix than the 3/4″ blocks.
3. Rinse your 3/4″ soil block maker after making each set of blocks. It
works better that way.
4. Use your trowel to tighten up each set of blocks after forming
5. Use tweezers to place seeds onto soil blocks. Also, use a pencil with
a dull tip to press seeds into the 3/4″ soil blocks.